Thursday, July 24, 2008

Time : how do you value it?

During my MBA year I came across a new venture that I deemed of interest: match-making service for short-term employment (per hour/per task). I offered my help as I had previously considered this field...

The team obtained a runner-up prize in an internal business school competition, they did a great job at portraying the business model. Whilst I did not get involved in their business plan, I see now that there is competition already out there: peopleperhour.com (amongst others). It will be interesting to keep track of how the team progresses their idea in the rather busy marketplace of recruitment!

To more fun. Do you know Clay Shirky?
well perhaps I can offer a brief introduction to you via his ideas of 'cognitive surplus' and 'collective bender'? take a peak at the recorded presentation at a Web2.0 conference.

- - -

as for hacker stuff, I think it is time I modded the Canon digital camera as per these instructions: The Canon Hacker's Development Kit, aka CHDK

No comments: