Monday, January 21, 2008

Disruptive Innovation : zipping nano

No, nothing to do with software nor Apple iPod Nano...

“Gandhian engineering” combining irreverence for conventional ways of thinking with a frugality born of scarcity.
Or, as Indian auto executive Ashok K. Taneja describes the philosophy, “When I need silver, why am I investing in gold?”

check it out, it will be on the syllabus shortly :
Tata Motor unveils 1 lakh vehicle read about it here (innosight.com)

for matters closer to home, Streetcar and Zipcar seems to have flying under the visor of the incumbent rental car firms - that said EasyCarRentals did a u-turn with their A-class Mercs in cities, and then partnered with a larger car rental firm... (innosight article/posting)

anyone keen to sign up to streetcar? get a special discount by mentioning my name and "Blue Car" in your sign-up, simple
(I believe you get weekend drive, and I get a few hours for free)

No comments: