Monday, January 07, 2008

Lordy Connections

Using the New Year as a signal to re-establish contacts and my own presence in the minds of those I know (and those I don't via online resources), I took it upon myself to have a look for new connections... a look for St John Ambulance on Spock produced a startling family link : a lady (Moyra Brown) I chatted with when undertaking volunteer work at the London District HQ of SJA is no other than the sister of Eric Bessborough, a friend of my father - and with whom my parents made a business excursion to China some 30 years ago! Moyra came over as a delightful individual, with whom one could chat endlessly... and someone who cared about the mission and members of the organisation.

If only I had realised this when I shared her office (I spent somewhere near 100 hours undertaking administrative tasks for Links, the student wing of SJA)... it would have been delightful to complete the circle of friends, and recount stories of exploring their stupendous family home (perhaps the first to have an automated lift). Time to re-establish this missing link!

related link : Alexis on Spock

No comments: