Thursday, October 25, 2007

Cable internet speed-up

Before


After


perhaps I should change back and see if there is an improvement?
then again, this makes use of a shared resource : the fibre-optic cable that heads out of the building... perhaps someone started a HUGE download between my tests? it is also the case that in the second test I have a secure connection to work going on - which will also reduce the observed efficiency of internet test results

Next day (bright and early, no VPN)


Better, but still not quite what I was expecting. I was wishing to see something closer to 20M than bordering on 10M. We are supposed to be on 30M, with fibre-optic upgrade due later this year...




Our family connection in Belgium (ADSL max. 6144/640 but locally only 3Mb download available) registers following speed:

No comments: