Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Jobs & Comments

Ubuntu : I adore you

and even more after seeing your mild humour that springs out from your employment pages. In a recent job posting asking for certain language skills, with preference for French and Spanish to Klingon and Esperanto. Although honestly, your business activity and methodology of operation is appealing.

As for Sophia-Antipolis, or rather the recruiters seeking to coerce a contract in the region... you are a little early! Yes, I would love to work in the area - it has magical reviving natural light, it offers sun, sea - and more importantly for me... mountains! the culture is great - and I would even accommodate the annoying tourists (and some locals) who execute stupendous parking manoeuvres up to a few km from the beach. To be honest, I would prefer to live slightly retreated from the sea, ideally on the hill-side that offers a superb view out over both countryside and water. The timing for this might be 2-3 years, to allow for some local acclimatisation (Bordeaux, France) and to permit my lady to undertake her first footsteps into her professional life ~ holding a job offer at a prestigious institution. And this thought-process is not influenced by the particular institution being located in the vicinity of a highly prestigious wine-making region of France!

For now, my desire is to find a role that offers me the opportunity to display my skill range - perhaps taking on a little more risk for the reward of greater experience. My current status permits me to look outside of my employer, although I am also very much investigating what is feasible internally too. A rapidly growing new business opportunity, a fledgling organisation, a new venture - these may well seek a variety of skills that will need to expand (and retract) with the evolution of the group. A monolithic arena may be appropriate if the mandate permits change management at a deep level --- in the style of the Italian card game Machiavelli - well at least the way I play it!

No comments: