Thursday, October 25, 2007

Following the right path : follow the passion

My goals have been redefined in recent months. Or rather, the expression of my goals has been redefined. And this is done in 'opposition' to the pathways that many cohort members, and close friends and family have followed...

I have stated that I wish to bring my private life to the front of the queue, and to meld my professional life around this.

Symbolic reference to stones, pebbles and sand in a glass container (do a google search) would probably get the point across quite well. However I have opted for a quote from The Great Booch on career advice :

I've mentored six people in IBM, so I do this a lot. What I say is follow your passion, because if you don't you won't have any fun and if you're not having fun you should be doing something else.

No comments: